Care and Maintenance of Your Oven/Range
Here are some money saving tips that will extend the life of your stove, oven, or range and lower the cost of energy!
- Clean the control panel regularly by removing knobs and buttons and clean them with a mild dish detergent.
- Clean the surface of the control panel with a nonabrasive mild cleaner.
- Do not spray or expose the control panel directly to liquids. Spray directly into the cloth, wipe clean and wipe dry.
- Abrasives may cause scratches and corrosion on glass control panels. Clean porcelain or glass cook tops with a non-abrasive mild cleaner baking soda and warm damp cloth.
- Clean burner drip pans thoroughly to bring out the shine needed to properly radiate heat back. To keep them functional, clean regularly and replace every two years. Never cover with aluminum foil because the foil may cause an electrical short.
- Carefully clean around burners and elements. Look for bubbles and blister on the coils of the burners. This indicates that the heating element may be burned-out.
- Carefully clean around gasket seals. Use a mild, nonabrasive cleaner to clean in order to maintain proper temperature control and system efficiency. Replace corroded or brittle seals.
- Remove glass coverings to replace light bulbs. Replace with 40 watt bulb usually located behind a small glass dome near the upper left or right side of the inside of the oven. (Check your owner’s manual for exact specifications.)
- Self-cleaning ovens are generally cleaned by heating the oven to high enough temperatures to incinerate debris. However, this often causes more service calls to repair problems caused by the excessive heat. Never use chemical oven cleaners in self-cleaning ovens.
By following these tips, you can prolong the life of your oven or range and avoid many costly repairs.
"Reliable knows what they are doing. I had another company come out to try and fix my HE washer. The other company ordered part upon part and could not fix it. I gave up on them and decided to try to another company. The man came out and knew exactly what was wrong. He ordered the part for me it came in the next day and he was back out and now I have a working washer. Your technicians know their appliances. Great Job!!!!"